Thursday, March 4, 2010

Searching the Internet

Nolan's presentation on internet searching and how to properly navigate the web was very thought-provoking. I liked how we went over all the domain names, such as .com, .org, .edu, .gov etc. I generally had certain connotations about which domian to use for more accurate researching. I found it very interesting that some non academic sources or non authoritative sources could obtain a .org url, but it makes sense since it is basically denoting a non-profit organization. I always thought that those site would generally be extremely accurate and generally truthful. But the www.martinlutherking.org completely blew that assumption out of the water. I mean just read through what they say. It's awful. And if you look through enough you'll find that the site is sponsered by a white power group. Not cool. Not cool at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment